We are dedicated to helping patients learn as much as they can about their conditions and the available treatment options. We accomplish this by thoroughly explaining what to expect before, during, and after treatment, and by providing relevant resource materials.
- Longview Urology offers ESWL (extracorporeal shockwave lithotripsy) for stone treatment. Learn more here and view a short video clip of the procedure.
General Urology Information
- American Urologic Association Foundation – Promoting health, providing hope and promising a future free of urological disease.
- Interstitial Cystitis Network – Practical information for improving bladder discomfort.
- Urology Channel – Provides comprehensive information about urologic conditions.
Cancer Support Groups and Resources
- American Cancer Society – Saving lives by helping people stay well, get well, find cures and fight back.
- Bladder Cancer Advocacy Network – Dedicated to increasing awareness of bladder cancer, advancing bladder cancer research and providing educational and support services.
- CancerCare - National nonprofit organization that provides free, professional support services for anyone affected by cancer.
- The Circle - Offers support for men with prostate cancer, as well as their friends and families.
- National Comprehensive Cancer Network – A non-profit alliance of 21 of the world’s leading cancer centers, dedicated to improving the quality and effectiveness of care provided to patients with cancer.
- National Cancer Institute – National Institutes of Health website providing comprehensive information about cancer of all types.
- Prostate Cancer Foundation – Committed to promoting prostate cancer research.
- Us Too International – Nonprofit, grassroots organization started in 1990 by prostate cancer survivors for prostate cancer patients, survivors, their spouses/partners and families.